Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chapters 13&14: Mapped Out Minds

"Then my eyes light up on Abba's name at the top of Ma's fax. I read it again. A cold sensation tingles through my body to the tips of my fingers. It's like a map that suddenly becomes clear-lines that start feeding into each other, connecting the parts. I pull out the new fax, look again. I've got it, i think. I've got a way to get Abba out."

Hooray for Nadira! The part that really stuck out to me wasn't the "I've got a way to get Abba out." It was the "Then my eyes light up on Abba's name..." I am thrilled that Nadira has salvaged such a brilliant plan to get Abba out, but what about his name triggered that last puzzle piece. Nadira's 'map' has had the scenic rout missing ever since Abba was taken, and what effect does his name have to change that? The rout that has all of the trees and lakes, the beauty, has just fallen into place in Nadira's head, and I am burning to learn what devised the final and much awaited construction of hope for Nadira and family. I am wondering that maybe something in Abba's name suggests that he is American born, and moved when he was a baby. Being too young to remember his history, Nadira may just be the first one to discover what Abba's name truly means.
Sidenote: Nadira just discovered a way to free her father, and yet after the "I've got a way to get Abba out." part, there isn't an exclamation point. It's just a simple statement. Does anyone else find that weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment