Monday, March 16, 2009

Chapter 12: Bed Of Lies

"There's so many lies in my life right now, I can't keep track of which one is worse."

I would hate to feel like this. I feel like Nadira has so much to cope with that she is going to drown in lies. I feel like she is going to be so overwhelmed with her and Aisha's life, that she is going to start lying to make everything 'less' complicated. In this case 'less' means more. I think she is going to start to lie because she can't keep up with what is going on. But lying will only complicate things more.
It also feels like this quote is summing up the book so far. Nadira and her family are living in their lies right now. They aren't supposed to be in America, but they are. They aren't supposed to go to school but they do. Girls aren't supposed to be educated in Bangladesh, but they are. To me, this sentence is almost a warning. "I can't keep track of which one is worse." To me that means something like: The lies are only going to get deeper, and get you into more trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Sarah! I agree with you on the fact that this sentence pretty much sums up the book. It seems to really tell the story. However, I don't think Nadira is going to start lying. I think (and kinda hope) she is going to finally come clean and tell everyone what is really wrong, and why Aisha is acting like that. Nadira wants to help her sister, but she doesn't know what to do, and I think by telling others the real problem will help the sisters out a lot.

    ReplyDelete