Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chapter 5: FINALLY

"'In a couple of years,' he says, wagging is finger, 'we're going to start on you.'"

I really liked this quote because it shows that at least SOMEBODY believes that Nadira has the potential to go to college. To me, it seems like everybody is so focused on Aisha, that nobody even thinks Nadira will make it that far. I believe that Nadira has the same, if not more, potential and promise than Aisha. I feel like Aisha's skills are more practical, and so what if she aces every test, I bet half of it is memorizing. I think Nadira has more life skills, she is observant and perceptive, rather than school smart and good at kissing up to her parents.
Personally, I would rather be street smart than book smart; plus, just because Aisha is more book smart than Nadira doesn't mean that Nadira isn't book smart. I feel like thats what is wrong with this family. Aisha is more, so Nadira isn't at all. I don't like the way that works at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment